Monday, February 11, 2008

Not the Best Day for Work Satisfaction

I am not feeling very motivated to blog today. I think that is because I am a bit frustrated at work and I think I would prefer to avoid thinking about that subject for a while. Alas, avoidance rarely makes anything easier. I actually just typed out a long description of my work environment but feel that it just is not the way I want to use my blog! Let’s just try to sum it up as having a boss who is not supportive of what I do, has this need to control even over issues he has no knowledge, and seems to enjoy making people feel stupid. I have designed and run programs more complicated than my current one, and yet, this boss seems to enjoy the fact that I have no control over most major decisions affecting my work, yet feels the need to tell me to take ownership and make the program my own. How can I do that when I have no say in structure of the program, location, resources, or even how patients are referred to my program? I have never worked anywhere with this little support. Oh well, I continue to put up with this for lack of other viable options that work with having a family and repeated attempts to remind myself that no job is perfect. But today, is definitely one of those days I wished I worked anywhere than here. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.