I am getting excited about our trip to mammoth this weekend. The girls and I are all booked for a ski lesson. Our friends have arranged for us all to go dog sledding. Carlos and I will also be going snowmobiling one day. My main concern is that we have too many things scheduled and besides going broke, we will be running around all weekend. I hope not. I just want to have fun with my family in the snow.
I am trying to keep a positive attitude about the skiing. I have limited experience with downhill skiing and it is all bad! I vaguely remember one ski lesson as a child. No negative or positive memories really, just the knowledge that I had some sort of group lesson. My only other experience skiing was at Big Bear, I think, with an ex-boyfriend. I had no real ski gear and had to wear jeans. My ex offered to teach me to ski, and boy was that a mistake. He was not helpful and I think he disappeared after a while leaving me to navigate down the mountain with limited knowledge on stopping. I just remember making my way down the hill using calculated falls to stop me when I began to go to fast and felt out of control. I just remember making it to the bottom of the hill, with soaking wet jeans on, and spending an hour in the bathroom in my attempts to peel off the wet jeans and then get them back on my body. Needless to say, that trip was a clue to the end of that relationship. Lesson learned, never have a boyfriend or relative teach you anything important! (A lesson I should have learned after having my parents attempt to teach me to drive a car!)
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.