I had a day today that reminds me that life is about spending time with those you love. My favorite aunt is in the hospital and we visited her today. She was supposed to have an angiogram this week but had a small heart attack during her stay in the hospital instead. This led to the discovery that in addition to a blocked artery she has some heart problems and today the doctor told us she needs a pacemaker before they can complete the angiogram and determine what other treatment she may need. I can't imagine life without my aunt. I don't want my cousins or their children to be without her either. I wonder why it takes life-threatening events to make me take time out to just spend time with her. I want to learn to do less and allow for more time to just be with those I love.
It reminds me of a website and video someone sent me recently:
http://www.theyearsareshort.com/
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.