Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pilates with a Disability

I went back to Pilates for the first time after spraining my ankle. It was kind of harder than i thought but still a success, I believe. Since most of it is done on a mat, I could still do quite a bit. I had to forego any of the exercises/poses on "all fours" position. The rest were doable. however, I realize that the cam-walker weighs about 5 pounds and that added quite a bit of weight to exercises where I had to lift my right leg and foot. My upper body was craving the stretching after using crutches for a few weeks. My left hip is also sore and feels a bit better now. I think because the cam-walker is like 2-3 inches high and if I wear a tennie runner on the other foot, my feet are different lengths and that throws off my walking. I wore a low heeled boot today on my left foot and that seems to be helping a bit.The only down side is that I am exhausted now. I think I will be going to bed soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am trying. It is sooo hard not to though. And I am so stiff from no exercise and walking funny.

    ReplyDelete

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.