Saturday, April 12, 2008

More on Mt. Whitney

( Not a very good picture from the presentation)


Just wanted to blog a bit about attending the Whitney Clinic at Adventure 16 last night. It was actually kind of fun. A group of us carpooled down to west LA and went to the clinic together. They also had some snacks and wine as well. Ken Murray gave a great presentation. I can not say that he presented anything I had not read already in my pursuit of all things Whitney, but he did make it more real and helped me begin to think about gear I will need and priorities (ultra light, anyone).

Afterward, for the first time in years, I went out with everyone from a drink and dinner. I think I would have preferred to go home to sleep, but it was nice to feel like my younger self who used to stay out late and party now and then!


An actual picture of a group hiking Whitney in Winter. We are actually going in August so thank God this should not be a good example of our trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.