Monday, March 31, 2008

Wow what a crappy day...

Okay, it started out okay. Carlos had to come over to the Valley to meet with tax person about his mom's taxes and I had a light load today so I met him for lunch. But after getting back to the office, I noticed I had a sharp pain in my back, low and to the left just over my butt. It escalated and eventually I felt nauseated and vomited. I still had to see a patient and the pain just kept increasing. I no longer felt I could drive or even walk so good. Urgent care was not open yet so I finally felt bad enough I walked over to Emergency. While checking in I vomited yet again (lucky me made it to the bathroom in time). I then sat for over an hour to see the triage nurse. The pain was horrible, I could hardly sit still. I had the chills. Then it began to ease just in time for triage! The nurse advised me not a good day to be in Emergency and I was in for many hours wait! And I was still feeling better, no more vomiting, nausea, pain much improved. Thank God, but crap, what to do? I called appointment center but no openings with my doctor until 4/11. But I still did not want to wait in Emergency all night when my symptoms had improved. I told nurse I was going to leave and he mentioned I might have passed kidney stone.

I still don't know what to do. I emailed my doctor and we will have to see what he says, and if pain ever returns, I guess. I do feel kind of gassy and was thinking it was a reaction to lunch, but never felt sharp pain in low back before. It felt nothing like heart burn really. It did not really feel like when my gallbladder had to be removed. The pain was actually much worse this time and in different location. With my gallbladder, I could not even really identify location and I did think it was heartburn.

I need to try to move on and hope it never happens again. Wow, is this karma? Is someone trying to help me have even more empathy for my patients with pain? It sure seems like a week full of medical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.