Thursday, March 5, 2009

2009 Blog Improvement Project - Week 3 Blog Post Bingo


Week 3 of the 2009 Blog Improvement Project is a little something called Blog Post Bingo. Kim shared many references with descriptions of various types of blog posts. She then listed 10 types of blog posts and asked everyone to try to write as many of these different kinds of posts over the next two weeks. They even had a contest with prizes, which I missed since I only found the BIP this week. I thought about just skipping this week so I could move on to week 4, but on second thought, decided that to be fair, I should attempt the exercise anyway. I am going to amend the project a bit to include various blog posts I have already written as well as one I wrote primarily for this project week.

The 10 types of posts were:

A Link Post - share a series of links your readers might find interesting (I think my post on kid's television is a link post as I do provide links to associated info.) http://thementalmom.blogspot.com/2009/02/childrens-television-that-parents.html

A Short Post - less than 200 words
http://thementalmom.blogspot.com/2008/11/gratitude.html

A List Post - simple as it sounds, a list of some sort
http://thementalmom.blogspot.com/2008/11/suggestions-for-finding-that-elusive.html

An Opinion Post - take an event, news, or another blog post and share your opinion on it http://thementalmom.blogspot.com/2009/03/why-do-we-expect-reality-shows-to.html

A Poll or Question Post - post a poll or ask your readers a specific question for feedback (I have toyed with asking questions in a post, but no real polls. I will have to figure out how to do this over the next year.)

A How-To Post - You’re an expert in something; big or small, share how to do it (I think my recipe is a bit of a how to.)
http://thementalmom.blogspot.com/2009/02/great-weeknight-recipe-sausage-and.html

A Long Post - more than 700 words (I thought this one would be easy as I tend to write more than I need to at times, but guess I will need to work on this in the future.)

A Review Post - self-explanatory, I think :)
http://thementalmom.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-stroke-of-insight-brain-scientists.html

A Definition Post - show your expertise about a topic related to your blog (I am not sure I have put myself out as an expert in anything thus far on my blog. I tend to use this blog for self expression and shy away from aspects related to my career and any expertise. I know that is a cop out, but I can work on this type of post over the next year too.)

FREE SPACE - a type of post of your choice (that is not the same as one of the previous posts) (I am not sure what style this one is, perhaps self exploration of some type?)
http://thementalmom.blogspot.com/2008/11/easy-rider-or-how-to-face-your-fears.html

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how you'd decide to approach this one on catch-up -- it's really cool that you're already doing a variety of posts on your blog. I think I'm going to repeat this one sometime later in the fall, so you can definitely try for prizes then.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.