
The second assignment for the 2009 Blog Improvement Project was about brainstorming, more specifically to brainstorm some ideas and then blog your ideas. We had several articles to read regarding brainstorming techniques and then the task of coming up with a new, regular feature for our blog.
For a while now, I have wanted a bit more structure for my blog. One reason I continue to blog is to exercise my creativity and spontaneity. I often live too much “in my head” and caught up with the future or the past. My blog is an exercise in enjoying life in the moment. I tend to blog about what is on my mind at the moment, life as I am living it, or things I am currently experiencing. However, I do believe that my blog is a reflection of my scattered consciousness and as such is quite disjointed and unpredictable. I also have little schedule to my blogging and you are not able to predict when I will have new content. I’d like to find some “happy medium” where I still exercise my creativity and spontaneity but add in a bit more structure.
I have noticed that I do like blogs where the author has a calendar of some sort that guides the style of posting on a weekly basis. After brainstorming on the types of topics I have blogged about in the past and on various ideas on topics of interest to me currently, I came up with a few editorial topics to explore. As my pilot project, I plan to introduce some structure into my future blog posts.
One major interest of mine is my own self-improvement project. The past few years I have been working on my own private happiness project. It is still a work in progress. However, I have been taking active steps toward my own well-being. A regular feature I would like to add to my blog to highlight this project is to institute every Wednesday be “Well-Being Wednesday.” Every Wednesday, I will work on blogging about my journey into the why’s and how’s of happiness.
Since today is Wednesday, I brainstormed a bit and thought I might discuss one of my favorite quotes. "Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." -- Benjamin Disraeli. To me, this quote found in Disraeli’s novel Lothair, reminds me that you have to work at anything important or meaningful, including happiness. I also feel it points out that I may not always make the right choices, but failing to take a chance and try something, anything, is always better than doing nothing at all. I have mentioned several times to my patients that I can not guarantee the outcome of any change; however, it does seem reasonable to assume that doing nothing will usually yield nothing. If you are unhappy, doing nothing is more likely to keep you exactly where you are. Making a change, any change, does not guarantee happiness, but you have to be willing to try something different to be truly happy.
Now, I am no expert on happiness or its pursuit. I am merely a lowly student trying to find my way to enjoying life. What do you think? Do you agree with my interpretation of Mr. Disraeli’s statement? Do you have a favorite happiness quote to share? Please post a comment and let’s get it started!
For a while now, I have wanted a bit more structure for my blog. One reason I continue to blog is to exercise my creativity and spontaneity. I often live too much “in my head” and caught up with the future or the past. My blog is an exercise in enjoying life in the moment. I tend to blog about what is on my mind at the moment, life as I am living it, or things I am currently experiencing. However, I do believe that my blog is a reflection of my scattered consciousness and as such is quite disjointed and unpredictable. I also have little schedule to my blogging and you are not able to predict when I will have new content. I’d like to find some “happy medium” where I still exercise my creativity and spontaneity but add in a bit more structure.
I have noticed that I do like blogs where the author has a calendar of some sort that guides the style of posting on a weekly basis. After brainstorming on the types of topics I have blogged about in the past and on various ideas on topics of interest to me currently, I came up with a few editorial topics to explore. As my pilot project, I plan to introduce some structure into my future blog posts.
One major interest of mine is my own self-improvement project. The past few years I have been working on my own private happiness project. It is still a work in progress. However, I have been taking active steps toward my own well-being. A regular feature I would like to add to my blog to highlight this project is to institute every Wednesday be “Well-Being Wednesday.” Every Wednesday, I will work on blogging about my journey into the why’s and how’s of happiness.
Since today is Wednesday, I brainstormed a bit and thought I might discuss one of my favorite quotes. "Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." -- Benjamin Disraeli. To me, this quote found in Disraeli’s novel Lothair, reminds me that you have to work at anything important or meaningful, including happiness. I also feel it points out that I may not always make the right choices, but failing to take a chance and try something, anything, is always better than doing nothing at all. I have mentioned several times to my patients that I can not guarantee the outcome of any change; however, it does seem reasonable to assume that doing nothing will usually yield nothing. If you are unhappy, doing nothing is more likely to keep you exactly where you are. Making a change, any change, does not guarantee happiness, but you have to be willing to try something different to be truly happy.
Now, I am no expert on happiness or its pursuit. I am merely a lowly student trying to find my way to enjoying life. What do you think? Do you agree with my interpretation of Mr. Disraeli’s statement? Do you have a favorite happiness quote to share? Please post a comment and let’s get it started!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.