Monday, March 9, 2009

2009 Blog Improvement Project - Week 4 Blog Basics


This week's topic in the Blog Improvement Project is Blog Basics. Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness wrote: "...when a new reader gets to your site, how easy is it for them to find out basic information about you and what your blog is about?" She suggested we explore updating our "About Me" page, contact information, picture, blogroll, archives, or RSS feed subscription.

I did do much of this work this past week. I took a suggestion from Kim and added my email address to my blog. I learned how to use Feedburner to add a way to subscribe to my RSS feed via email. I explored ways to access my archives including a search box.

The only official suggestion I am still working on is a blogroll. I do like the idea, but I feel overwhelmed with locating all the blogs I read and putting them in one place. I think I will work on this project but it will take me a while to do so. I don't use any regular readers so I have no systematic way of finding them all easily. I do agree that just putting them on my blog in a blogroll might even help me visit my favorite blogs more regularly.

So that's my progress on Blog Basics and I promise to make continuous improvement my ongoing goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.