Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sitting in the Dark

I just had to share my frustration about sitting in my office at work in the dark, or at least in very dim lighting. I know I work for a huge company, but why can they not find someone to fix my office lights in two days! My lights stopped working yesterday. Luckily I have a small desk lamp I rarely use that has been a Godsend. However, in a small interior office with no windows my little desk lamp only brightens a small part of my desk. Now working in this dim lighting for some tasks is not too bad. I find it kind of soothing after all the flourescent lighting. However, for the past year with the space constrictions, I have found my resources growing smaller and smaller. When I started working here, I was given a lot of respect and treated exactly the same as the M.D.'s. Over the years due to many factors, things have changed. I currently have to see patients in my office, which is not desirable. The M.D.'s never see patients in their private offices (which are a lot larger than mine with windows). Confidentiality is more difficult as my room is not sound-proofed. It is small with no windows and basically if anyone decided to attack me I will be in big trouble and no one will no about it until it is too late! And now, at the moment, for the past two days I have had to see patients in this small claustrophobic room with minimal lighting!

Should I take bets on how long they take to fix my lights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.