My oldest is about to lose her very first tooth. She is so excited about that. She is sure she knows everything. She is in the middle of 1st grade and her reading is amazing. I know it must be very hard work to be a teacher and I have NEVER wanted to be a teacher. I can not imagine how they have so much patience. But at times now, i can see it must be so exciting to start with a child in kindergarten who really is unable to read and have them become avid readers and to know that you were the one who accomplished that amazing change! She loves to read right now and I hope she always enjoys it. I have always wanted my children to love to read as much as me, but have secretly feared my fate will be to have kids who don't enjoy reading!



My youngest is so smart and active, but we still are having a big problem with the potty training. Too many trials and tribulations to go into, but we have dealt with negative reinforcement from daycare providers, the same daycare kicking her out for having too many accidents, and now some disinterest in toileting when it is easier to go in a pull up. I waffle between letting her do whatever and keeping her in pull-ups until she shows interest again or putting those panties back on and trying to move forward. Depends on which day you catch me. I try to be consistent, but even at day-care they feel the need to put her in a pull-up if she has too many accidents in the day, so it feels pointless sometimes to keep her in panties at home and be cleaning up pee and poop all day!
On a more positive note, she is always smiling and seems to be a sponge able to copy anything her older sister says or does! (one quote from yesterday, "Stop it mom, I'm serious!!!") She loves to dance and currently appears to have more energy than control. She has also been a bit brainwashed by having an older sister who is a very girly girl. We love the princesses and especially Cinderella and doing anything her big sister does.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.