Monday, October 13, 2008

Southern California Fires (But Really This is All about Me!)

So it becomes clear this morning that the fire situation is escalating. In regards to our house, the fires are not that close. However, when you live in a Valley, there are basically two ways in and out. One on each end of the valley. I travel between home and the San Fernando valley every day to and from work. The fire is basically at the freeway I take to work, so that once this freeway and any adjacent canyon roads are closed, the only other option to return home is via the other entrance on the far side of the valley. However, to get there from work means I need to travel to the 101 freeway, which is basically one of the most crowded annoying So Cal freeways to begin with, but now that it is the only option home for many people is twice as crowded. Then I need to take the 101 basically around behind the valley and approach home from the back exit.

I only had one patient in the afternoon at 3 pm. In reviewing her appointment history, it was clear she had missed three previously scheduled appointments with me in a row. I knew she would not come, but I could not leave until after her appointment or she called to cancel. I called her 3 times on her cell and home numbers leaving messages to confirm appointment please if not able to come. Of course, she did not call. Therefore, I had to wait to leave work until after 3:30 when the freeways were already overcrowded. It took me over 2 hours to get home on freeways moving about 5 mph. I had to go to the bathroom for most of the way home, but could not make myself exit the freeway and delay the journey even more. Ugh, what a crappy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.