Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Pumpkinliner...

Well, the Adventure Guides had an activity to ride the “Pumpkinliner” today. http://www.fwry.com/pumpkinliners_2008/pumpkinliners_2008.html The Pumpkinliner is run by the Fillmore & Western Railway. You ride a vintage steam engine train over to a pumpkin patch. At least that is what I thought I had paid to experience. The reality was a little bit less than desired. The train itself may have been overbooked, but they had few real railway cars and many uncovered cars with those park benches nailed on to the floor. There was limited shade and it was hot. The train ride was less fun than I had thought it would be. The girls, of course, seemed to like it.

We arrived at the “pumpkin patch” only to find a glorified pumpkin stand. It was smaller than the pumpkin stand at our local mall! They did not actually have a patch, just loose overpriced pumpkins sitting around to choose. They had some “craft” booths that were really stands to sell cheap toys made in China. A small Merry-Go-Round, and two bouncers were there for the kids to enjoy. They apparently had Hay Rides, but I was the scrooge who refused to pay them an additional $2 per person for the ride.

I was quite disappointed. I will not ride the Pumpkinliner next year. I only took a few pictures but could not find any of the actual fake patch for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey feel free to post a comment and save me from isolated obscurity!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.